Genetic Variation and Change
My boys..... but wait one of them is not mine, can you figure out which one?
Things you need to know ....for AS 91157 Genetic Variation and Change (more genetics later)
- Genetic variation and change involves the following concepts:
- sources of variation within a gene pool
- factors that cause changes to the allele frequency in a gene pool.
- Biological ideas and processes relating to sources of variation within a gene pool are selected from:
- mutation as a source of new alleles
- independent assortment, segregation and crossing over during meiosis
- monohybrid inheritance to show the effect of co-dominance, incomplete dominance, lethal alleles, and multiple alleles
- dihybrid inheritance with complete dominance
- the effect of crossing over and linked genes on dihybrid inheritance.
- Biological ideas and processes relating to factors affecting allele frequencies in a gene pool are selected from:
- natural selection
- genetic drift.